Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just Call Me "BUG GIRL"


To preface this post you need to know that usually when Annalise see's a spider she screams so loud, you'd think she was being tortured. Seriously, I go running and fully expect her leg to be cut off or something. Well, yesterday the bug guy came so a few spiders have been coming out. Annalise was in her room playing and she comes running in waving her fairy princess wand saying, "I killed the spider"! And sure enough on the tip of her magic wand, there was a recently smashed spider. We tell her "good job" and to be "careful around spiders". Then she says in her dramatic voice, "I know what you can call me........BUG GIRL!" She proceeds to run off saying that bug girl is going to go find more bugs to kill. Way to go Bug Girl! Oh, and extra points for killing it so gracefully with your princess wand! :-)

14 comments:

Nichols Family said...

Now I know who to call when I see spiders at our house! :) Cute! Oh, and I just ran out of my protein powder and I'm going to order more. When it comes in I'll let you try for sure!

Danielle said...

Apparently I need a magic wand too.

foreveryoung said...

Is she for hire? Does she happen to specialize in scorpions too? :) Good for her for conquering her fears, it's amazing what a little help from a magic wand can do!

Shanen said...

That is good. My girls won't get near them. But Kruz...he is a different story. He has no problem picking them up alive.

alyssa said...

Hey this is Alyssa Hebb you were my teacher last Sunday anyway that is a funny story i think i will buy myself a wand :>

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

That girl! She says and does the cutest things. Remember when the boys all wanted to be the bug man when they grew up. Maybe she has her chosen career.

Nichols Family said...

Okay, I resent those pics...hopefully you got them this time.

Kari said...

Cant wait to see this new super heroine soon!

Trish said...

HA! Great story. At my house we don't have much of a problem with bugs. My kids find them, put them in jars to observe them, or they gingerly carry them outside to "safety." I don't mind, but I tell them to leave scorpions alone. We don't have them, but we spy them frequently at my Mom's house.

Angie Whitman said...

e-mail me so I can send you an invite! thanks!
angiewhitman2003@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I love that title. McKenna was actually bug obsessed when she was about 4 and we had two years in a row we thre "Bug Parties" It was great giving out plastic bugs for prizes and serving the clay pot of choc. pudding with gummy worms. She was definately a bug girl too, just in the opposite way - SOOO glad your back in the blog world!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thebigcookiefam said...

So awesome Lissee!!!! You can come over to my house any time and kill bugs with the boys!!! She is so darling, and way too smart for her britches!

Heidi Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute. She's SO brave!