Sunday, December 23, 2007
(I was tagged, so here you go Danielle! I tag Jamie, Krista, and Jennifer.)
1. When I was 16 years old, I got a tattoo. And yes it's visible....it's my eyeliner! YES, it hurt and YES I would definitely do it again... in fact I need to go in for a touch-up.
2. I'm an exercise FREAK! If I miss a day, I think the world will end and that I'll somehow gain 5 pounds overnight. I'm currently taking a break with so much running - my knees were yelling at me; so I've taken up spinning and I LOVE it.
3. I recently got scuba certified - and it was really scary! We got certified for our latest cruise to the Carribean. And in true drama queen style - I had a panic attack every time! Hey, with 5 foot waves and a back drop into the ocean, what would you do? At least my wet suit stayed dry inside!:-) And yes, I'll try and get organized enough to post our pics.
4. I am really quite silly. Joe and I will dance around the house, like total idiots, or we'll have a contest who can do the most obnoxious thing -- really whatever makes us laugh. Once Annalise looked at us with this disgusted face and said, "you guys are scaring me!". Too funny. I hope we act silly till the day we die.
5. I'm really impatient and a bit of a control freak. I always want to take over a project, just so I can do it my way.......yeah, I know I need to work on this one! But until I get it figured out, the remote is mine!!!
6. I'm totally in love with my husband! I love him more and more every year. He really knows how to make me fall in love with him over and over again. I am so lucky. Hands off ladies, I've been known to get a little jealous! :-)
2. It's definatly a kodac moment when your first born gets her first bloody nose! She was playing with her good friend Ella, when they somehow hit noses. Annalise comes screaming down the halls with blood dripping everywhere - and poor Ella is crying b/c Annalise is bleeding. So I settle Lisee on the couch with a cool rag for her nose and Ella climbs up next to her and sweetly says she's "sorry". Annalise tells her "it'll be okay, I'll just hold the rag and it will stop bleeding". It was so sweet that she recognized that her little friend was scared. Anyway, I'm just glad I kept my cool with it all!
3. Ava occasionally enjoys a little ghetto apparel. Just kidding, I just thought she looked cute with her hat to the side. She refused to keep it straight; every time I put it on, she'd just pull it over to the side. So of course I taught her to say, "Yo!". It was very cute.
Monday, December 10, 2007
The Smart Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 c. brown sugar; 3/4 c trans-fat free spread (like SmartBalance); 2 large egg whites; 2 tsp vanilla; 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed & mashed a little w/a fork (I use a can that's 15.5oz & it's fine); 1-2 c. dark chocolate chips - depending on how much you like (Ghiradellis 60% cocoa); 3/4 c chopped walnuts; 2 c flour (try 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour); 1/2 c old fashioned oats; 1 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt.
Okay, beat the sugar and margarine at med speed until smooth. Next, beat in egg whites and vanilla. Then mix in chickpeas. It will look a little "oily" from the beans - don't be scared! Then, mix the rest of the ingredients in a seperate bowl first, then add to wet mixture until a thick dough forms. Spoon the dough onto a sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes. Don't overbake, and remember they will continue to cook a bit after you remove them from the oven so really watch them close. Enjoy!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Joe, this post is to prove how silly you are to the rest of the world. You definatley make me smile! These pics are from a trip we took to San Clemete beach this summer with some friends. Joe, and his best friend Jon, decided to pretend they were Baywatch Hotties (you know I egged them on). Anyway, it was hilarious. Hope you're not too embarassed Babe!
This Halloween was so fun. Annalise actually allowed us to dress her as something other than a kitty! She was a beautiful fairy princess and Ava was an adorable witch. We had a blast listening to them "Trick or Treat" and we still have gobbs and gobbs of "bribing candy" left over. Before taking the kids around, our closest neighbors and us had a soup and hot cocoa pot luck. We really love our neighbors and the kids had so much fun. Joe was a bit of a spoil sport and wouldn't dress up this year - and you can't really tell from the picture, but I was a cowgirl. Well, until next year.....
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Wow! I can't believe I did it - my first 10k (that's 6.2 miles). Originally I was going to run this race with my sister-in-law Kari, but she hurt her ankle and had to cancel. She's so awesome and has already done a half marathon, so really she had nothing to prove! Anyway, this was the Tour de Pee Vee in Prescott and it was a lot of fun. We stayed with my sister Krista and her family for the night. And since Kari had to cancel on me, I met someone on race day to run with me - a 75 year old man! He totally kept me motivated and even finished a minute before me! He was such a sweet man and it was nice to be able to talk the whole time, instead of concentrating on my legs going numb! ;-) I finished the race under an hour - 59 min and 53 seconds- not to shabby for hills! I got 1st place in my age division (19-29yrs), and the next person was 7 minutes behind me! Yippee! And even though I'm happy with this 9.35 min/mile record, I'm just glad I finished alive! Whew! Next I want to dabble in a triathlon! Anyone want to join me?