Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Story of Us - 9 years later...


What can I say - I hit the jackpot marrying Joe! He's the kindest man I know and he still makes me giddy. :-) He's a wonderful provider for our family and leads us with love and humility. Thanks for making these past nine years so wonderful Babe!


The Story of Us:

Joe and I met on a blind date. I had just broken up with I guy who was a real jerk and had no interest in dating at the time. BUT, my good friend Catherine, kept insisting I go out with her boyfriends best friend (Joe). After turning her down for two weeks, I finally agreed. Joe was late picking me up - not the best start. I was sick of losers. (Of course this is where Joe always interrupts me and says, "It wasn't' my fault - I wasn't driving".) This was a group date. Anywhoo, he picks me up and I'm sure this will be a lame date. Men are still dirt for me at this point.

So, during the date, Joe and I end up in separate places for a few minutes. During this time, his best friend and my friend (who set us up), tell me that Joe had an interesting dream the night before. In his dream he met this girl named Irix and he knew she was the woman he would marry. The dream was perfect and the girl was perfect for him. Sooooo, being the trickster that I am, we decided to play a little joke on Joe.

Later that evening we were all sitting around and someone asks someone else what their middle name was. So, eventually Joe ended up asking me what mine was. I simply said, "Irix". His jaw dropped and he said, "WHAT?". To which I smartly came back with, "What, don't you like that name? That was my Grandmothers name........". Joe of course said he loved that name, etc, etc. It was so funny. Oh, and did I mention that I forgot to tell Joe about the little joke we played on him? He dropped me off that night thinking I was the woman of his dreams! Which I guess I ended up being anyway. :-)

Joe won my heart that night with his genuine kindness (and his hunky muscles). And even though I rejected his kiss, not once, but three times (hey, my Dad taught me how to play hard to get), we were married 7 months later. And like I said before, best decision I ever made.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!

The Gardner Gang said...

Could there be a more fabulous, romantic picture!!! Love it.

Carolyn

Nichols Family said...

Congratulations! Beautiful picture of 2 beautiful people...inside and out.

Whitney said...

Beautiful picture! You guys are such a good looking couple!

brownymama said...

I never even knew the "Irix" story! Sounds just like you. (: Your picture is absolutely gorgeous!

Chelsea said...

Oh I am laughing, now THAT is good. I can totally see you doing it. You sly dog. I would never be able to keep a straight face. How hilarious that you kept it going too!! What a cute picture!

Tanner said...

just curious... who was that guy, "...a real jerk..." who you broke-up with??! ;) Totally teasin' ya!!! Congrats on 9 years!!! That is so great!!! You two are adorable!!

DEANNA said...

Awww that is so sweet! Congratulations on the big 9! Did you ever go to that website and buy anything? Just curious if it all worked out. I have been debating since I have been doing a ton of jumping rope at home lately!!!

Trevor Dayley said...

That story is hilarious. Where in the world would he come up with the name Irix?

By the way if any of your friends are interested in getting their own photos done - just tell them to mention they saw your photos on your blog (friend of the Larson's, friend of mine) and I'll give them $50 off a session.

foreveryoung said...

Hmmm, I would have never guessed you were the trickster type :) Ha! That is the best story and I LOVE that picture of you guys. Do you want to do a girls night next week? Hopefully you're surviving! We missed you guys tons!

Angie Whitman said...

That is the best story. I love a good joke and how funny that you kept him thinking all night that you were his "Irix". I love it!

Tanner said...

Hey Girly! So, I sent ya an invite... let me know if you didn't get it and I'll double check your e-mail address and send it again! My e-mail is jbean155@yahoo.com

xoxo
jill :)

Tanner said...

TOTALLY was teasin'!! Thanks for your e-mail... you are a DOLL!! No worries... believe you me, I know what jerks guys can be... even if they are my brothers! ;)

xoxo
jill :)

Justin said...

Congrats on 9 years. We are so glad that Joe has kept you around this long :) You guys are great together.

Danielle said...

Caleb and I were laughing at your "Irix" story. That's too funny. And congrats on 9 wonderful years!!

Meija said...

Congrats, you two are such a balanced couple. And GORGEOUS picture by the way!