Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My First 10K run!


Wow! I can't believe I did it - my first 10k (that's 6.2 miles). Originally I was going to run this race with my sister-in-law Kari, but she hurt her ankle and had to cancel. She's so awesome and has already done a half marathon, so really she had nothing to prove! Anyway, this was the Tour de Pee Vee in Prescott and it was a lot of fun. We stayed with my sister Krista and her family for the night. And since Kari had to cancel on me, I met someone on race day to run with me - a 75 year old man! He totally kept me motivated and even finished a minute before me! He was such a sweet man and it was nice to be able to talk the whole time, instead of concentrating on my legs going numb! ;-) I finished the race under an hour - 59 min and 53 seconds- not to shabby for hills! I got 1st place in my age division (19-29yrs), and the next person was 7 minutes behind me! Yippee! And even though I'm happy with this 9.35 min/mile record, I'm just glad I finished alive! Whew! Next I want to dabble in a triathlon! Anyone want to join me?



5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

Wow! I can't believe you ran this marathon. Congrats. I love your new blog site.
Mom

Kari said...

Alisa - Great job!!! I'm still so sad I wasn't able to run along side you! What an accomplishment! Your time was awesome. Great job woman. You amaze me!

brownymama said...

You brave woman! I think I'll skip the triathlon goal and keep to the 3 mile thing! (:

Love ya!
Krista

Shanen said...

I just clicked on your link from Jamie, congratulations on your run..that is a great accomplishment. Blogging is a fun way to see what everyone is doing, welcome to the world.

Heidi Ann said...

You go girl! What a feeling of accomplishment! So now that you're a pro are you running the Turkey Trot?