Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day....Not so happy for Ava though!

Well, this Valentines Day was bitter sweet for our sweet little Ava. She's had a fever since Sunday night ranging from 103.4 to finally 104.5 - and that's with the meds! I called her doctor on Sunday and she said to watch the fever for a few days. She was crying for 4 days straight (with Joe out of town on business of course) Well, by day four, she was getting worse instead of better so I took her into the doctors office. The doctor was immediately concerned and did a strep test, hoping the fever was coming from strep throat. Nope. So, the next test she wanted to try was a urine test. I'm thinking, "okay, so what, I have to hold her over the potty for an hour?" Nope again.....try a catheter! Yikes! I was freaking out inside, while trying to calm Ava during the test. It was so sad, she was just screaming and screaming. And she kept clenching her muscles, so they had to keep poking her over and over again. Oh my gosh, I really lost it. Finally it was over and I calmed Ava down while the doc tested the urine. She came back and said Ava has some sort of kidney infection. Of course I started crying. She said most likely it's just a urinary tract infection, but the urine looked a little funny so she needed to send it in to be sure. So, Ava's on anitbiotics and we're waiting for the results. I'm sure she'll be just fine, but a Mama worries - ya know? Anyway, so today, her fever is still high and she's been in a lot of pain. All I can do is hold her - boy my left bicept is getting strong! I had all these fun activities for the girls for V-Day, but alas, Ava was just too sad. I tried to get a picture of their cute V-day outfits, but again, Ava was just too sad. Here Annalise is trying to comfort Ava while I'm trying to get her to smile for the camera. Boy, what a week! At least Joe is home and he brought me roses and a spa gift certificate to make up for this crazy week. He's so sweet. I gave Joe what all men want for Valentines Day........FOOD! What were you thinking? ......The other is a given.......... :-)
__________________________________________________________________
Oh, and here's a picture of all the flowers Annalise picked for me today. She thought it was so nice of Daddy to bring me flowers, that she wan't to too. She spent a good part of the day in the courtyard and backyard picking flowers and arranging them in little cups. And with every bunch of flowers, she'd come to the door and say, "Happy Valentines Day Mommy". It was pretty darn cute!
__________________________________________________________________
Okay, these pictures have absolutely nothing to do with Valentines Day, but I thought they were cute so they're getting thrown in too! We hope you all had a lovely day today! Hugs & Kisses!

9 comments:

Just K said...

Hey Larsons! I do remeber you, how could I not from the fun double date we had way back when. Sorry it took me so long to add you to the list, but I can see you have been in the same boat with sick kids and a husband out of town. I sure hope Ava feels better soon. Your girls are so darn cute! Thanks for the advice on catching those sneakies. I will give it a try.

thebigcookiefam said...

your girls are beautiful!!! I am so sorry that Ava was sick, it is a horrible thing to have to watch a child be so sick! I hope she gets better soon.
ang

Angie Whitman said...

Beautiful pictures! What sweet little girls you have. I hope Ava starts to feel better soon. That's the worst (my oldest is home sick today from school), but especially when you have to do it alone. Let me know what I can do to help.

foreveryoung said...

Oh man, poor Ava (and poor you!) That is the saddest thing, especially the catheter part...atleast it was all for nothing since they were finally able to diagnose the problem. I hope she feels better and I'm glad you atleast get to get out of the house tonight! And kudos to Joe on the spa gift certificate, you will definately be enjoying that one!

Shanen said...

Ohh that is so sad. I know what it like to have a kidney infection, and I know how miserable I felt. I can't imagine feeling that way as a little girl. I hope the medicine has kicked in and she is beginning to feel better.

Danielle said...

Oh, poor girl!! I hope she gets better soon! It's so hard for everyone when the baby is sick. My bit of advice-- go pick up some probiotics at your health food store. We're STILL battling a yeast infection after Justin took antibiotics in November! It'll keep the good stuff in her system.

brownymama said...

Such cute and sad stories! Is Ava better yet?

Unknown said...

Oh, poor Ava, that's so sad! And a catheter, how awful!! Hopefully they can figure it out soon and she can get better. :( tiff

Heidi Ann said...

Sweet Ava, it's no fun when they're so sick! What we wouldn't give to trade places with our precious little ones!