Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Beautiful Mother


Dear Mom,

Do you really know just how much I love you? I hope so! As Annalise would say, "I love you all the way to Jesus and back - and nothing is bigger than that!". We've had a lot of memories together over the past 29 years! (I'm especially fond of your laughing episode at the Chinese restaurant! What ever happened to that rag anyway!? :-)

All of these memories have taught me many lessons. I've learned patience. I've learned humor (karate-kicks :-)). I've learned loyalty to your spouse. I've learned hard work - boy you were always busy working and keeping the house in order. How the heck did you always get everything done AND have dinner ready for Dad at 5pm? I've learned kindness. I've learned unconditional love - you still love me after all :-). I've learned humility. I've learned service - you were always there helping us into the early morning hours with our school projects. I've learned to "shake things off". I've learned to be a friend. I've learned to be a wife. And most importantly, I've learned to be a mother too. And I must say, I've learned from the best. I love you Mom. Happy Mothers Day.

Love,

Alisa

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

You made me cry. I love you too, forever and always. You are a great wife, mother, and friend. Find joy in the journey of motherhood. There are always ups and downs, but the ups outway the downs by far. Thanks for your beautiful note. I will always treasure it.
Love,
Mom

Justin said...

We are so lucky to have such a great mom. You are a great mom too Alisa.