Tuesday, September 8, 2009

That's What Friends Are For!!!

I don't know if I should name names, okay I will - Alyne you ROCK!!! I was complaining to my friend Alyne about how I've been sick with the flu and my girls have been sick and I have morning sickness up the wazoo! And to top it off, I haven't been grocery shopping in like two weeks and I feel guilty that I've been giving my kids junk to eat because I just couldn't bare going grocery shopping. Anyway, she INSISTED on picking me up something to make for dinner tonight. I resisted - but man she's persuasive! Anyway, she gets to my house and calls me to have me open the garage.


And this is the loot she brought inside. I tried paying her, but she wouldn't have it. Isn't she sweet!

I got teary eyed and thanked her. Then my girls and I had a great talk about how to be a friend.

Thanks Alyne for being a great friend and taking care of me when I needed you! Love ya girl!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Morning Sickness????? Congratulations!

Tina McKinnon said...

WOW! What an awesome friend! You must be one, too, to have her! Oh, yeah, and congrats, too!
Hope your dad's stuff went well today. You're all in our hearts.

Browers said...

Aww...thank you Alisa, what a sweet post you wrote-now you are making me get all teary-eyed! Glad you finally let me help you-after much persuasion that is! lol! I'm always here for you girl, and don't ever hesitate to ask me anything! Love ya too! :)

Kendra said...

Sorry I have been out of the loop...Finally getting around to the blog again. Congrats on the morning sickness! Well, not on the sick part, but on the pregnancy. Gotta love those "viable pregnancies" as my Dr. called them. You are lucky to have such a sweet friend. I don't know what I would do without my friends and family. God's greatest blessings come in the form of people. I hope things are OK with your Dad.

DEANNA said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL, THE WHOLE FLU THING SUCKS BUT A NEW WONDERFUL BABY! WOW ... YOU GUYS MUST HAVE SOME SERIOUS WATER ISSUES AT CHURCH. EVERYONE'S BLOG IS ALL ABOUT THE NEW BABY THEY HAVE OR THE BABY THAT IS ON THE WAY! PROMISE ME I GET TO HOLD YOUR BABY. I AM NEW BORN HUNGRY!

ONE OF THESE DAYS, WHEN IT IS WAY COOLER OUT AND I AM BACK TO WALKING IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, I AM GONNA STOP BY YOUR HOUSE TO CHECK OUT YOUR LIBRARY!!!!!!

HEY, ANY OTHER THINGS GOING ON?

Chelsea said...

you're pregnant?????!!!!!! So jealous. Congrats darling.

Our Little Iannacones said...

Congratulations!!! What an amazing friend you have! I could learn a thing or two from her! I wish there was some sort of relief from morning sickness!!

Jeppesen Family said...

That's so sweet! I HATE grocery shopping, even when I'm well. So that is for sure an awesome friend!

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

It's amazing what kind things friends do. What goes around comes around and you have been a great friend to others as well.